The following information is required for imports and exports to and from China:
- Company number of the sender (e.g. VAT)
- Company number of the recipient (Uniform Social Credit Code)
- Country code of the sender
- Country code of the recipient
- Contact person of the sender
- Contact person of the recipient
In addition, the merchandise must be described precisely and completely in accordance with Chinese regulations. If the goods are inadequately described, they will be rejected by the Chinese customs authorities.
Uniform Social Credit Code
The Uniform Social Credit Code (USCC) consists of 18 digits or letters and is comparable to the Tax Identification Number (TIN).
More information on the new customs legislation can be found on the GACC website.
Do you have questions about exporting to China?
Contact our ExportHelp team – the first point of contact for Swiss and Liechtenstein SMEs for administrative export issues: 0844 811 812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.