From February 18 to 21, 2019, Switzerland Global Enterprise hosted a Cleantech delegation from the United Arab Emirates interested in Swiss waste and recycling solutions. Among the members of the delegation, there were representatives from both private enterprises and public-private-partnership organizations (PPP) in the fields of waste management and recycling. The program focused primarily on visits to the most modern waste solution systems in Switzerland, accompanied by Swiss companies. In doing so, Swiss companies had an excellent opportunity to showcase their best practices to their guests.
The highlights of the visit were (in chronological order):
- Swiss Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) and Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE): Presentation of environmental and energy policies in Switzerland
- MyClimate: Presentation on environmental education and climate protection projects in Switzerland and abroad
- CSD Engineers: Presentation on waste collection and logistics, water and waste-water treatment including a visit to the drinking water treatment plant (TWA) of Muttenz (BL)
- Villiger Entsorgungssysteme AG: Welcome at the production plant in Oberrüti (AG) including product demonstrations and a visit to integrated waste collection systems in a development area in the canton of Zug
- Hitachi Zosen Inova: Guided tour of the Waste to Energy Plant “Renergia” in Perlen / Canton of Lucerne
- Dinner with representatives from Swiss solution providers in the fields of waste solutions: I.C.E. AG, Innovopolis Waste Solutions, TBF + Partner AG, Villiger Entsorgungssysteme AG, Swiss Association for Environmental Technology SVUT
- Hofstetter Gastechnik AG: Visit to the natural gas collection system at the waste-water treatment plant of the city of Bern (ara Bern)
- Designwerk Group: Demonstration of Futuricum, a fully electrically powered waste collection truck in the city of Thun (BE)
- Droople: Presentation of the Droople water management system, consisting of its own distributed metering devices using the IoT network combined with a machine-learning-based cloud platform
- Compag Recycling and Environmental Technology AG: Visit to the pyrolysis system at Gerber Bio Greens AG in Fehraltorf (ZH) and the biogas production system at Recycling Energie AG in Nesselnbach (AG)
Fact Finding Mission to the United Arab Emirates in October 2019
As a follow up to this visit, Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE), the Swiss Business Hub Middle East and the Swiss Association for Environmental Technology (SVUT) are organizing a Fact Finding Mission to the United Arab Emirates for Swiss companies in the fields of waste management and recycling. The mission will take place between October 13 – 16, 2019.
If you are interested in joining the FFM and would like further information, please contact Patrick Bertschi, Project Manager Cleantech at Switzerland Global Enterprise: firstname.lastname@example.org