SASO has announced that SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate will become mandatory for the below listed items instead of SABER Product CoC. This means that SASO CBs cannot approve SABER Shipment CoC requests for the items after the enforcement dates without a valid SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate for the products, even if they have an existing SABER Product CoC.
As per September 1, 2021, the below products will require SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate to be cleared:
- Electric Oil Fryers
- Electrical Cables
- Water Boilers (Kettles)
- Coffee Preparation Devices
- Electronic Pumps with a Capacity of 5 horsepower or less for all uses
- Video Game Devices and their accessories such as video game consoles, controllers, wireless headsets, chargers and their accessories
- Earphones including microphone and speakerphone
As per January 1, 2023, the below products will require SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate to be cleared:
- Shaving Devices - Electric Hair Clippers for humans and animals including battery operated
- Circuit Breakers - Sub and Mains
- Charger + Data Transfer Cables for Mobile Phones
- Desktop Computers
The current products covered under the SASO IECEE Recognition scheme are:
- Household/domestic Electric pumps (under 3500 Watts),
- Wireless Headphone, Earphones & similar products,
- Laptop Chargers (Electric transformer for Laptop),
- Laptops & Tablets, Television & Display Monitors,
- Dish Washers, Chargers for Mobile Phones,
- Mobile Phone Batteries,
- Mobile Phone Devices,
- Car Chargers for Mobile Phones,
- Wireless Chargers for Mobile Phones,
- Power Bank,
- Smart Band & Smart watches,
- Lighting products and their control gears,
- Solar Panel & Electronic Smoking Devices.
Steps of issuance a SASO IECEE Certificate
To obtain IECEE recognition certificate, the following documents must be submitted:
- IECEE CB test report for main product
- Certificate issued by IECEE CB for the main product
- Test report for the plug / power cord (if available)
- Conformity declaration
- Detailed pictures of the product
- Preparing the guide in Arabic
In case a charger is included with the product, the following documents are also required:
- Detailed product pictures
- IECEE certification for the charger
- IECEE CB Charger Test Report
Once SASO reviews and approves the application, the SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is issued and the product is listed in the Jeem database.
Also, SASO announced that enforcement of the SASO IEC 62368-1:2020 Standard will now be January 1, 2023 instead of the previously announced July 1, 2021. Test reports executed to SASO IEC 62368-1:2017 will continue to be accepted until December 30, 2022. SASO IEC 60950-1 and 60065 have been withdrawn.
- The SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is a Saudi Arabian conformity initiative set up by SASO with the aim to ensure that the regulated products have been tested and certified to the required IEC standards by an IECEE Certified Body. The SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
- Provided that the products are listed on exactly the same IECEE CB Test Report and IECEE CB Certificate, it is possible to certify more than 1 model number under the same SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate.
- When the product (the same product) has to be imported by different local companies, it is a must to apply for a SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate per importer. Each certificate is registered and linked to one specific importer’s Commercial Registration (CR) number. In other words, only the importer indicated in the said certificate can use the certificate.