Anyone who wants tariff information must submit the following details to the customs administration:
- Description of the goods with details of type and properties
- Description of the packaging
- Description of the purpose of use
- Composition (for goods made up of various materials, proportions by weight of the individual components)
- Internet links
- Specialist literature
- Photos with high resolution
- Plans and other relevant documents
Samples or patterns of the goods do not need to be sent in addition unless they are directly requested, as the Federal Customs Administration has indicated.
The relevant information from the customs administration is based on the legal framework of the Customs Legislation and the Customs Ordinance. Inquiries generally receive a response within 40 days.
If you require support when exporting your goods, the consultants at S-GE will be happy to help you.