Composed of representatives from business, science and media, the independent jury selected three finalists for the 2018 Export Award to be honored at the Aussenwirtschaftsforum:
- Acutronic Medical Systems, Hirzel ZH: Strong presence in a small niche
- Industrielack AG, Wangen SZ: ILAG lets nothing go up in smoke
- On, Zurich: Thrilling the running community
The jury has chosen On as the winner. More than three million runners worldwide choose the Swiss running shoes with their revolutionary and patented CloudTec soles. Eight years after its founding, On is the fastest growing brand in the running shoe market. The company is now present in more than 50 countries: It has its own branch offices in the USA, Germany and Japan, while in Central and South America, Asia and Eastern Europe it works with distributors or trades online. On’s export strategy consistently focuses on the premium segment, and the company now sells 90 percent of its products abroad.
The trophy was presented at today's Aussenwirtschaftsforum by Ruth Metzler-Arnold, Chairwoman of S-GE. “The running label On combines Swiss quality with new technology and a success-driven strategy. The innovativeness of our Swiss companies is again emphasized with this Export Award,” says Ruth Metzler-Arnold proudly. “In addition, On’s story shows how Swiss premium products can be successful around the world despite international competition and price pressure.”
A change in S-GE’s Supervisory Board
Shortly before the Aussenwirtschaftsforum, S-GE’s members held their annual general assembly. They elected Karin Taheny, Head of Consulting at Yourposition AG, and François A. Gabella, former CEO LEM Holding, to the Supervisory Board. They are replacing Doris Albisser and Pierre-Olivier Chave, who announced their resignation from the Supervisory Board at the time of the meeting.
“Karin Taheny and François A. Gabella are very familiar with the international business environment,” explains Ruth Metzler-Arnold, Chairwoman of S-GE. “Their experience and specific backgrounds perfectly complement the Supervisory Board and will help it to drive the promotion of exporting Swiss SMEs and of Switzerland as a business location.”
- Karin Taheny, born in 1981, is Head of Consulting at Yourposition AG in Zurich. After gaining her Master's degree in Business Administration from the Universities of Zurich and Limerick (Ireland), Karin Taheny worked in various companies worldwide where she supported clients with the implementation of digital strategies. She has worked for Google in San Francisco, among others. Since 2015, she has been responsible for strategic and operational client consulting at Yourposition AG in Zurich, and is a member of the extended Executive Committee. Karin Taheny’s knowhow in digital international business and worldwide professional experience makes her ideally suited to S-GE’s Supervisory Board.
- François A. Gabella, born in 1958, was CEO of LEM Holding in Fribourg from 2010 to March 2018 and will be proposed as a member of the Board of Directors in June. The international company produces components for measuring current and voltage and has 1,400 employees worldwide. François A. Gabella has many years of experience in large and mediumsized companies, knows the international MEM industry and has a Master's degree in mechanical engineering from the EPFL. Strong analytical thinking and the ability to act in a solution-focused manner complete his profile. All this makes François A. Gabella the ideal candidate for S-GE’s Supervisory Board.