Switzerland Global Enterprise and the Swiss Business Hub Russia are pleased to invite Swiss and Liechtenstein companies to a business mission to Moscow and Ekaterinburg in order to assess business opportunities in Russia. This mission will provide insights into the Russian titanium and other metal industries and facilitate matchmaking meetings with stakeholders of the sector.
Who should join?
The mission has a special focus on the titanium industry and addresses two main target groups:
- a) Companies interested in sourcing titanium products from Russia
- b) Companies supplying investment goods and consumables relevant for the titanium industry
Russia is among the world leaders in the titanium production and has a long tradition in mining and processing titanium. During the last years it was always among the top 5 of titanium producing countries. Titanium is sold in the home market but also exported. Russian titanium is used among others in the aerospace, bio- and medtech as well as automotive and other machine building industries.
The Russian titanium industry is dominated by one major player, the enterprise VSMPO-AVISMA located near Ekaterinburg. It is the world's largest vertically integrated producer of titanium, titanium ingots, and all types of intermediate titanium alloy products, as well as oversized aluminium pressings, intermediate products of galvanized steel, and nickel-based heat-resistant alloys. More than 20 thousand people are currently employed by the company. VSMPO-AVISMA delivers to global industry leaders such as Airbus and Boeing. Apart from this company there is a significant number of smaller players, which manufacture more specific titanium products.
Titanium Valley is a special economic zone created around VSMPO-Avisma. It focuses on creating titanium products for the aircraft, automotive, shipbuilding and medical industries.
Moscow, the capital of the Russian Federation, has approx. 13 million inhabitants and is the vibrant heart of this large country and its economy. Moscow and the Moscow region have been among the most dynamically growing regions of the Russian Federation for the last few years. Although the Moscow area is already very well-developed, there is still potential for newcomers.
Ekaterinburg and the Sverdlovsk Region:
Ekaterinburg, formerly known as Sverdlovsk is the largest city and the administrative centre of Sverdlovsk Oblast and the Ural Federal District (1.5 million residents, the fourth largest city in Russia). The economy of the region is highly diversified with an emphasis on manufacturing. The most competitive industries are metallurgy and engineering.
|Target audience||Companies interested in sourcing titanium products from Russia, Companies supplying investment goods and consumables relevant for the titanium industry|
|Organizer||S-GE and Swiss Business Hub Russia|
Sep 27 – October 01, 2021
Day 1 │ Travel
- Individual arrival to Moscow
Day 2│ Moscow
- 2 B2B meetings, organized according to your needs by the Swiss Business Hub Russia
- Flight / Moscow - Ekaterinburg
Day 3│ Ekaterinburg
- Visit of Titanium Valley and VSMPO-Avisma, the main Russian titanium producer
- Potential B2B meeting
Day 4│ Ekaterinburg
- Potential B2B meeting
- Meeting with the Governor
- Networking and cocktail dinner
Day 5│ Travel
- Individual departure
PRICE PER PERSON (EXCLUDING VAT)
CHF 3'200.- S-GE Members
CHF 3'400.- Regular Price
CHF 2'000.- S-GE Members
CHF 2'200.- Regular Price
- 4-Star hotels in Moscow and Ekaterinburg
- All meals according to the program
- All transport including from and to the airports in Russia
- Interpretation during the whole trip
- Flight Moscow-Ekaterinburg-Moscow
- 3-5 B2B meetings (in Moscow and Ekaterinburg)
- Individual transport and interpreter for B2B meetings
- Air ticket Switzerland-Moscow-Switzerland
- Charges for visa