Fact Finding Mission to Kazakhstan: Food, Food Tech & Agriculture
29th October - 2nd November, 2018 / Almaty
Kazakhstan is an exciting and interesting sales market for Swiss food companies but there are also a lot of opportunities in the food processing and agriculture sector. The government has launched "support programs" to increase and modernise the local food production. Especially Swiss companies in agriculture and food processing (food tech) sectors, could benefit a lot from this situation. The destination is Almaty, the economically most important city in Kazakhstan with almost 2 million inhabitants.
Switzerland Global Enterprise and the Trade Point Kazakhstan are organising a business trip to Almaty from 29th October to 2nd November 2018.
The business trip is directed to Swiss companies wich are in the food, food processing, packaging and agricultural sectors.
Join us and benefit from a customized program:
- Visit of the "WorldFood Kazakhstan", "WorldFood Tech", "KazUpack", "ColdChain Kazakhstan" and "Ingredients" taking place at the same time
- Event "Swiss Food/Foodtech Industry": the event is organised for the Swiss business trip participants on the occasion of "WorldFood" and "WorldFood Tech" with a presentation about opportunities in Kazakhstan and individually organised B2B meetings
- Doing Business in Kazakhstan" Workshop
- Business Roundtable with representatives of Swiss companies already operating in Kazakhstan
- Company tour of a Swiss company
- Individual B2B meetings (with potential customers, sales partners, retailers etc.)
During the trip you will be supported by our experts Mr. Michael Kühn, Senior Consultant Russia, CIS and Nordic Countries, Switzerland Global Enterprise and Mr. Pavel Ivanov, Senior Trade Advisor, Trade Point Kazakhstan.
- Agriculture: Kazakhstan has huge areas for cereals, fruit, vegetables and other agricultural products. In addition, the country has set itself the goal of optimising the utilisation of these areas. Innovative Swiss solutions are needed to achieve this goal. This concerns e.g. seeds, fertilisers, technologies/machines/vehicles to increase harvest quality and quantity, to optimise the management of cultivated areas, storage and much more.
- Food processing/-technology and packaging: Swiss technologies are important for Kazakhstan processors to improve the quality and quantity of processed agricultural products. Shelf life and shelf life of the end products are also to be increased. This applies in particular to the processing and shelf life increase of meat and milk products, fruit, fruits (e.g. juice production) or cereals.
- Ingredients: Swiss ingredients can also be used profitably to increase the quality and shelf life of the products.
- Food: The Kazakhstan market with 18 mio. people offers an interesting potential for Swiss food. There is a constantly growing middle class, which can afford more and more often also imported goods. Especially in the larger cities such as Astana and Almaty, there is an exciting market for Swiss food and beverages.
|Organizer||Switzerland Global Enterprise and Trade Point Kazakhstan|
|Cost of participating||Will be announced soon|