Agribusiness and Food Processing in Brazil
Coming soon - dates tbc
Learn more about Agribusiness and Food Processing in Brazil!
The purpose of our mission is to explore deeper the food processing sector, by meeting various industry players (i.e. dairy, fruit and meat processing, grains, milling and wine production), technological centers and institutional partners such as governmental bodies and industry associations.
We will also visit APAS trade fair, the most important event in Latin America for the retail sector, where food & beverages companies will showcase their products and new launches.
The only sector that is growing constantly
The agribusiness is an important pillar of the brazilian economy, representing over 30% of the country’s GDP. Agriculture in Brazil is one of the only sectors that continue with a steady growth during this difficult period that the country is facing. Numbers are impressive and Brazil remains one of the global leaders in the production of meat, soy, cotton, coffee, sugar cane and orange.
Due to its agricultural vocation, Brazil is also the second largest exporter of processed foods in volume and fifth in value, with abundant resources and a sound installed capacity. The country is expected to supply up to 40% of the global food demand up to 2050 and, in order to reach this potential, the agribusiness sector is demanding new technologies for food processing to ensure its role as one of the major food suppliers in the world.
|Organizer||Switzerland Global Enterprise und Swiss Business Hub Brazil|
|Cost of participating||CHF 4'570.- S-GE Gold Member / CHF 5'270.- Non Member|
CHF 4'570.- S-GE Gold Member
CHF 5'270.- Non Member
- 4 national flights (São Paulo-Maringá, Maringá-Curitiba, Curitiba-Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre-Campinas)
- All local Transfers
- 6 hotel nights in the cities visited, including breakfast, and all main meals (lunch + dinner) during the program
- 7 factory visits to different industry segments in 3 brazilian states
- 2 networking cocktails with local industry players (food & beverage industries, food tech companies, distributors, retailers, institutional partners, etc), organized by the SBH Brazil team
- International flights Zurich – São Paulo – Zurich
- We recommend all participants to take the Swiss direct flight to Sao Paulo LX 92 (leaving Zürich on May 2nd at 10:40 p.m. and arriving in Sao Paulo on May 3rd at 05:45 a.m.) for the arrival, and flight LX 93 (leaving Sao Paulo on May 9th at 06:10 p.m.) for the departure
- If other international flights are chosen by the participant, it is his/her responsibility to meet the delegation on the date and time indicated in the program for the beginning of the Mission