Business Opportunities for Swiss Suppliers in the Russian Space Industry
Business trip to Russia, February 18 – 22, 2019 organized together with the Swiss Center Samara
Make sure to grab this chance and register for this promising business mission to Russia!
The Russian space sector is under the tight control of the state with the Russian Space Agency being the main actor to fulfill this task. It supervises almost all operations, including purchases, production, international cooperation and technological exploitation. Therefore it is often difficult for foreign SMEs to establish contacts to local partners in this sector. During this official mission supported by the Russian Space Agency the Ambassador of Switzerland in the Russian Federation Mr. Yves Rossier helps to open doors to relevant industry players and official bodies.
The Russian space industry has gone through radical changes over the past few years. It follows major global trends such as the growth in the civil and aviation sectors, innovations in materials and technologies, the globalization of production and the growth in orbital shipments. Historically, the Russian engineers have developed competencies in three major segments, which still account for a large part of the industry today: Space carriers, rocket engines, satellites.
Why should you participate
Official development plans and projects in all three segments are ambitious and will open new opportunities for foreign companies as the development of civil applications are increasingly becoming a top priority. Several companies from the private sector have emerged over the past decade, either under the impulsion of innovation hubs such as Skolkovo or with the support of larger private companies with close ties to this sector. Though submitted to strict controls, these structures are more flexible and offer interesting entry points for foreign companies willing to work with large Russian state-corporations.
Main reasons to enter the Russian Aerospace industry:
- Necessity to modernize manufacturing and make it a world-class industry;
- Increase the share of civil products in the industry to an average of 30% by 2025, and to 50% by 2030;
- Necessity to develop a supplier network for the aviation and space rocket industry, especially satellite construction, where the share of foreign components reaches 70%.
- Promotion of the Russian products of the industry to the international market which is mostly occupied by strong competitors;
- Implementation of the import replacement program by 2025.
Moscow : Moscow, the capital of the Russian Federation, has approx. 13 million inhabitants and is the vibrant heart of this large country and its economy. Moscow and the Moscow region have been among the most dynamically growing regions of the Russian Federation for the last few years. The capital and its agglomeration serve as a hub for importers and wholesalers but is also itself an enormous interior market. Although the Moscow area is already very well-developed, there is still potential for newcomers.
Samara: Samara is among the ten largest cities in the Russian Federation. Formerly a closed city, Samara is now an important political and economic center in European Russia. The region counts 3,2 mln inhabitants and is the only cluster to concentrate the three segments of the Russian aerospace industry with over 45’000 workers in the branch. The region also hosts multiple domestic and foreign manufacturing companies with industrial activities in automotive, machine building, chemicals and the food processing industry.
More information: swisscentersamara.com
|Organizer||Switzerland Global Enterprise|
|Cost of participating||CHF 2'950.- S-GE Gold Members / CHF 3'200.- S-GE Silver Members / CHF 3'450.- Non-Member|
|Trade fair information||
The Swiss Business Hub Russia intends to organize a Swiss Pavilion at "Aviasalon MAKS" (July 23 - 28, 2019), the leading trade show in Russia for the aviation industry. We kindly ask all companies who are interested in a participation to contact Julie Baechtold, Deputy Head of SBH Russia: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual arrival to Moscow
- Briefing and cocktail dinner
- Meeting and Seminar with Roscosmos and its companies
- Meeting with the company Consortium Cosmos Technology
- Meeting with the company Sputnix (tbc)
- Meeting with the company NPOL (tbc)
- Flight Moscow-Samara
- Meeting and seminar with the company Progress
- Meeting with the company Kuznetsov (tbc)
- Meeting with the Governor (tbc)
- Networking cocktail dinner
- Workshop with Russian Space companies
- Individual departure
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- All transfers in Moscow and Samara
- 4 nights in 4star hotels
- Single room, with bath or shower, WC
- Breakfast in the hotel, lunch and dinner except of travel days
- Interpreters: Russian – English
- Travel documentation
- Insurance for cancellation costs
- Flights to and from Russia
- Flight MoscowSamara-Moscow: Upon request, we are happy to book this flight for you (the fare is approx. CHF 200.00 and will be invoiced additionally)
- Visa expenses: mandatory for Swiss participants
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
We will be pleased to compile an individual offer for you if you have special needs or if you would like to participate only in part of the trip.
Registration Deadline «Fact Finding Mission: Russian Space Sector»
November 1, 2018 (Because of a lengthy accreditation procedure from the Russian side)