A mission for Swiss Businesswomen who would like to strengthen their network and learn about business opportunities in Argentina and Brazil
Who should participate and why?
Switzerland Global Enterprise, the Swiss Embassy in Argentina and the Swiss Business Hub Brazil are organizing an exclusive fact-finding mission to Argentina and Brazil from March 16 – 20, 2020 for businesswomen and female entrepreneurs from Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
This mission is for all those who are keen on strengthening their knowledge about Argentina and Brazil and the numerous business opportunities these countries offer. It is also for those who aim at strengthening their network with leading Swiss and South American businesswomen.
The below outline of the program is indicative of the nature of organizations and interactions that participants can expect.
What to expect in Argentina
While engaging with women leaders from various segments, the program will have a special focus on the current economic and political situation of the G20 member Argentina, which once was among the richest countries in the world. The country has a huge potential but seems to always fall short of fulfilling it. It cannot break out of a historic vicious circle of boom and bust. The Government of Mauricio Macri tried with liberal, market-oriented reforms, with sobering results though. Hence, the people voted him out and elected a new president, the Peronist Alberto Fernández. Will he be able to address the underlying causes of Argentina’s stagflation und put the country back on a growth path?
- Reunion with female members of the Argentine National Congress (parliament) and members of the Swiss-Argentine parliamentary caucus
- Meetings with high-level government officials of different ministries and investment entities
- Meetings with Swiss female entrepreneurs who are doing business in Argentina
- Workshop on female leadership in the Argentine business world with the participation of several female company executives
- Exclusive networking event at the Swiss Ambassador’s Residence with female leaders from business and politics
- Company visit in the greater area of Buenos Aires
- Visit to a local social project like “Fundación cartoneros”
What to expect in Brazil
While engaging with women leaders from various segments, the program will have a special focus on female entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability. Brazil offers a great opportunity to exchange experiences and learn about the Brazilian solutions and leassons learned while tackling the above-mentioned topics. The trip will also place an emphasis on two key areas for the Brazilian economy: social entrepreneurship and the powerful Brazilian agribusiness sector.
- Seminar in partnership with some of the most renowned businesswomen groups in the country
- Meetings with investment entities related to female entrepreneurship (angel investors and/or family offices)
- Exclusive networking cocktail at Swiss Consul's Residence with female business leaders from business and politics
- Company visit in the greater area of Sao Paulo – focus on innovation and sustainability
- Contact with key local associations for business opportunities – focus on innovation and agribusiness
- Visit to a local social project linked to female entrepreneurship
The mission will be led by our Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board, Ruth Metzler-Arnold and we would be happy to count on your company as a participant.
|Target audience||Swiss Businesswomen who would like to explore business opportunities in Argentina and Brazil|
|Organizer||Swiss Embassy in Argentina, the Swiss Business Hub Brazil and Switzerland Global Enterprise|
S-GE gold members
S-GE silver members
S-GE gold members
S-GE silver members
Included in the price
- Organization of the mission including setting up all meetings and company visits
- Providing support during the mission
- Logistical support with booking of travel and stay arrangements. Fee covers the cost of the following:
- 4 nights stay in a 5-star hotel in both cities, including breakfast
- All airport transfers and transport in each city
- All lunches and dinners
- The delegates will be hosted for networking dinner receptions at:
- The Swiss Ambassador’s Residence in Buenos Aires
- The Consul General’s Residence in São Paulo
Not included in the price
- Flights / out of pocket expenses / travel insurance
Early Bird discount: If you register until December 13, 2019, you can profit from an extra discount of CHF 250.-
Edelweiss LX 8090
Departure Sunday March 15, 2020 22:30 Zürich
Arrival Monday March 16, 2020 09:00 Buenos Aires
LATAM Airlines LA 8011
Departure Wednesday March 18, 2020 16:15 Buenos Aires
Arrival Wednesday March 18, 2020 19:10 São Paulo
Swiss LX 0093
Departure Friday March 20, 2020 19:20 São Paulo
Arrival Saturday March 21, 2020 10:30 Zürich
Prices of flights as of November 07, 2019 if booked via S-GE as a bundle (incl. taxes):
Business CHF 4'883.65
Economy CHF 1'557.65
*Upon request, S-GE can book the flights mentioned above for you (tick 1st box under “I wish to register” in the registration form below). If 10 or more persons book via S-GE, Edelweiss/Swiss will grant a special group price. Before booking, S-GE will inform you about the applicable prices.