Swiss Food Mission to India
The programme will cover three cities - Mumbai, Bengaluru and New Delhi.
Register now, we are looking forward to welcoming you!
Who should participate and why
Switzerland Global Enterprise and the Swiss Business Hub India are organizing for Swiss and Liechtenstein based food and beverage companies a trip to India, from 06 - 09 September 2021.
This trip is designed for Swiss F&B companies who are already active in India but want to strengthen and expand their network; and for those who wish to explore the numerous opportunities the Indian markets offers and to forge new business relationships. This business trip offers a unique occasion for Swiss F&B companies to interact with decision makers, business partners, and influencers in both the government and the private sector in India.
Why a F&B Mission to India
Growing awareness, changing life styles, favorable demographics, higher disposable incomes have been some of the factors responsible for creating a robust appetite for imported and premium food items in urban India.
More recently, Covid driven changes have not only fast tracked certain processes, but also altered food habits. Now, more than ever, there is a preference and a demand for healthy, immunity boosting, plant-based foods and beverages. Nutraceuticals, dietary supplements for women, low/sugar free biscuits, gourmet snacks, gluten free pasta, dark chocolate protein bars for the fitness conscious, craft beer, sparkling juices, vegan cheese, organic and cold pressed oils, have all made a comfortable place for themselves in an affluent urban Indian’s food basket. The new consumer is not only eager to experiment with different flavors and textures, but is also ready to pay a premium.
While traditional and modern retail remains the primary channel for distributing F&B products in India, one cannot ignore the pride of place that e-pharmacies and e-commerce platforms have carved for themselves. In India, 3.5 million households were using e-pharmacies, but in the wake of the pandemic this number increased to 9 million, and by the year 2025 - 70 million household are expected to use e-pharmacies (FICCI whitepaper). Similarly, the e-commerce market which is driven by shopping on mobile phones, is expected to grow 84% to US$111 billion by 2024 (2021 Global Payments Report).
These developments are offering new and interesting ways in which the Indian retail market can be approached by the Swiss food and beverage companies. And with this in mind, we invite you to join the food mission for a real, immersive and informative journey exploring the new taste of India.
What can participants expect
Swiss and Liechtenstein based food and beverage companies can expect a programme covering the following elements; with the possibility of organizing tailor-made programme options, upon request from participants:
- First-hand information about exporting to India, and exploring new business opportunities.
- For companies already present in India, a chance to enhance and expand their existing market knowhow and business networks.
- Tailor-made B2B meetings as per the requirements of each participant – possibility to meet with potential business partners and product registrations agents.
- Market information about the F&B retail market, consumer behavior and buying patterns.
- Overview of the regulatory and legal framework governing imported F&B, and interactions with relevant government organizations.
- Market entry models, with special insight into e-commerce/ online retail.
- Visit Annapoorna - ANUFOOD India 2021 in Mumbai.
- Visit manufacturing plants, start-ups and interact with Swiss companies active in India
- Networking dinner receptions at the Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi and the Consulate General of Switzerland in Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Organization of all domestic travel and stay arrangements, chaperonage by the Swiss Business Hub India, and assistance with visa applications and information about up to date Covid-19 protocols.
Want to know more?
Contact Beat Ineichen (Office Zürich)
|Target audience||Food companies from Switzerland and Liechtenstein|
|Organizer||Switzerland Global Enterprise and Swiss Business Hub India|
|Cost of participating||Non-Member CHF 3’000; Silver-Member CHF 2’650; Gold-Member CHF 2’200 (Swiss VAT exluded)|