Business opportunities in the Brazilian Market
An overview on how to navigate the Brazilian Market
The Brasilea Foundation, in cooperation with Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE), invites interested companies to the event taking place on November 26th 2019 in Basel to get to know more about the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Latin America’s largest market.
With a series of structural changes in the pipeline including a tax simplification and a pension reform, the new Brazilian government elected in October 2018 aims to tackle the historic hurdles that prevented the Brazilian economy to grow freely. Despite the slow signs of recovery (GDP is expected to grow by 0.9% in 2019), these changes are setting a new and solid base upon which the companies can plan their entrance in this promising 200 million consumer market.
Recently, the country financial risk hit the lowest grade since 2013, reflex of the restructuring of the once bureaucratic business environment. Other measures include the reduction of import duties for several products and the signing of important free trade agreements with the European Union and EFTA.
As the economic outlook improves, the population tends to have higher disposable income and the country tends to attract more investments, prompting the economic gears towards a higher sustainable growth. Switzerland Global Enterprise in Cooperation with Brasilea invites interested companies to know more about the potentialities of the promising Brazilian market.
|Target audience||CEOs, Business Development Managers, Sales Managers, Export Managers, Persons interested in Latin America|
|Organizer||Brasilea Foundation and Switzerland Global Enterprise|
|Cost of participating||Free of charge|
Program, Tuesday 26th November 2019
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Bürgi, President of the Board, Brasilea Foundation
- Mr. Fabio Speciale, Senior Consultant South-America, Switzerland Global Enterprise
- Mr. Daniel Faust, Director, Brasilea Foundation
Mr. Kevin Kienast, Country Officer South- and Central America, SECO
Mr. Bruno Aloi, Deputy Director, Swiss Business Hub Brazil
- Mr. Michael Indlekofer, Director Marketing & Sales Switzerland, DHL Logistics (Switzerland) Ltd.
- Mr. Jean Simsariyan, Trade Lane Specialist Brazil, DHL Logistics (Switzerland) Ltd.
- Mr. Stefan Jenni, Chief Operating Officer, Banco Itaú (Suisse) SA
- Mr. Marc Viardot, Managing Director Central European BU and Director Marketing & Products, Laufen Bathrooms AG
- Ms. Daniela Felipucci, Vice President and Head of Global Medical Education, Neodent/Straumann
Access Closed User Group Content