Sustainable success in Chile with green mining
Event: Cleantech in Chile - The untapped potential of green mining
In Latin America, the implementation of sustainable technologies is a central theme of climate change policy. Environmental regulations are being strengthened, renewable energies, water management, e-mobility and efficient energy storage are increasingly becoming focal points, and mine operators want to reduce their ecological footprint. Quality-conscious Chile plays a pioneering role and offers Swiss SMEs exciting business opportunities with large order volumes.
At our event on April, 1, 2019 in Zurich you will receive rewarding insights, inputs and contacts for sustainable export business in the Chilean cleantech sector, all accompanied by delicious cakes and sweets with coffee and tea.
Promoting sustainability - A user manual
At the event, Mark Untersander from the Trade Point in Chile and Juan-Pablo Schaeffer, Chile representative at the International Labour Office (ILO, Geneva) will show you what not to overlook when planning your trip to Chile. They will show you the enormous natural potential the country has to offer for Cleantech. Chile's copper industry generates annual sales of over USD 30 billion and is expected to become more efficient and sustainable by 2026 with investments of over USD 60 billion. At the event, our experts will explain the prevailing regulations and tell you which cultural conditions should not be underestimated. You will learn about the efforts currently being made in the field of green mining and how resource-efficient technologies can help mine operators reduce their costs. You will also learn how this greening of the mining business will affect the future, how to prepare for it, how to reduce your environmental footprint and gain a competitive advantage at the same time.
All roads lead to Chile, find the right one
Waste, water, energy, mobility, safety and sustainable construction: green mining includes several subject areas in which a wide variety of companies can be found. Short input presentations during the panel discussion with relevant export professionals will introduce you to these diverse topics and the subsequent discussion and Q&A session will deepen what you have learnt.
First-hand experience: don’t make the same mistakes as others
Swiss companies from the waste, water, energy, mobility, safety and sustainable construction sectors will be reporting on their export experiences at the event. Use your tips to quickly identify opportunities or lurking obstacles and take home valuable advice from experienced exporters.
A strong network is half the battle
The relaxed Afternoon Tea event offers you the ideal platform to exchange ideas with other exporters and experts, make new contacts or cultivate existing ones. In addition, S-GE will gladly find you the right business partners for successful expansion into Chile. Before the event, we would also be pleased to offer you individual, free consultation sessions with our country and specialist experts.
We look forward to seeing you.
|Organizer||Switzerland Global Enterprise|
|Cost of participating||S-GE members: free of charge, Non-members: 90 SFr, members of the event partners: 60 SFr|
- David Avery, Head of Cleantech, Switzerland Global Enterprise
- Francisco Gormaz Lira, Chile Ambassador in Switzerland
Cristián Rodriguez, Director InvestChile
Mark Untersander, Head of Trade Point Chile
- Waste + water: Dr. Martin Brandenberger, Senior Process Engineer, Pöyry Switzerland Ltda.
- Waste + water: «Aqua-4D - Empowering water for a more sustainable Chilean industry» by Patrick Rosat, Sales Marketing Director, Planet Horizons Technologies SA / Aqua-4D Water Solutions
- Energy + mobility: «How electric mobility will shape green mining» by Dr. Peter de Haan, Member of the Executive Board and Partner, Head of the Resources, Energy + Climate Division, EBP Schweiz AG
- Sustainable construction + safety natural hazards: «Natural hazard mitigation in green mining Projects - A hands-on approach» by Gabriel von Rickenbach, General Manager Americas, Geobrugg AG
- Sustainable construction + safety natural hazards: «Chile Mining - The buried key to a green future?» by Fabian Erismann, Head Mining, Sika Schweiz AG
- «Sustainability and future of work» by Juan Pablo Schaeffer, Chile representative at the International Labour Office (ILO, Geneva)
- Moderation: David Avery, Head of Cleantech, Switzerland Global Enterprise
Facts + figures
- Chilenian copper export: USD 30 billion / year
- Planned Investments in the copper sector until 2026: USD 60 billion
- Chile's share of global copper production: 27%
- Chile's share of global lithium production: 40%
Access Closed User Group Content
Switzerland Global Enterprise