Setting yourself up for success. Understanding the Canadian sustainable building market and its potential
Learn about the potential of sustainable building in Canada
Event: Cleantech Canada / SIGA - Ruswil
Canadian cities are consistently ranked among the greenest cities in the world for their progressive thinking around sustainability. In recent years many Canadian cities have been leading the way by setting ambitious goals:
Vancouver’s objective is to become the world’s greenest city by 2020, transition to zero emissions buildings in all new construction by 2030 and to deploy 100% renewable energy throughout the city by 2050.
Toronto’s climate action strategy Transform TO aims to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 30% in 2020, by 65% in 2030, and by 80% in 2050. All new buildings will be built to produce near-zero GHG emissions by 2030, and by 2050 all existing buildings will have been retrofitted to improve energy efficiency by about 40%.
These ambitious targets provide a huge export potential for Swiss innovators in green building design, renovation and construction.
Who should participate?
Companies involved in the design and build of sustainable buildings and products the field of sustainable buildings and construction: building envelope, energy efficient building systems, building automation, heating/ cooling and ventilation.
What can you expect from the event?
The event at SIGA in Ruswil will bring together several senior representatives of Swiss companies from the fields of building design, construction and property development, and will be an ideal platform to:
- explore business opportunities in the Canadian market based on new research commissioned by S-GE
- get actionable insights for entering the Canadian market
- build a network to share experience and collaborate on the journey to deliver sustainable building projects in Canada
- learn from the experience of successful companies
Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to take part in a guided tour of SIGA’s production facility.
Don't miss this opportunity, register today! Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
|Target audience||Companies involved in the design and build of sustainable buildings and products the field of sustainable buildings and construction: building envelope, energy efficient building systems, building automation, heating/ cooling and ventilation|
|Organizer||Switzerland Global Enterprise, Swiss Business Hub Canada and SIGA|
|Cost of participating||Free of charge for S-GE Members / CHF 50.- for Non-Members|
- Insights into business opportunities arising from the Canadian sustainability agenda and green building policy of Vancouver & Toronto
- Why (and how) we won a Spire-Landing project in Vancouver – one of Canada’s largest multi-family passive houses
- Addressing urban housing challenges in Canada with sustainable construction technologies
- What is the Canadian federal government doing to prepare the buildings it is responsible for to be more efficient and sustainable
- 5 tips for doing business in Canada
SIGA is considered a worldwide leader in the development, production and sales of toxin-free high-performance products for building envelopes in low energy buildings.Today, approximately 50% of the world’s energy requirements are consumed by heating and cooling buildings. This affects the environment and accelerates climate change. We are committed to energy-efficient buildings to stop this progression.
Today we have high energy losses in buildings that are caused by many small gaps or leaks in a building envelope, which allows heat and cooled air to constantly escape. Furthermore, we have Major heating and cooling requirements which means
- Powerful heating systems are required to maintain a room temperature at 68°F in winter because of constant heat escaping
- Over the next 30 years, 10 air conditioning units will be purchased every second globally. Powerful air conditioning systems are required to keep spaces at a comfortable 75°F because of constant cool air escaping
Inefficient buildings create high CO2 emissions, which intensifies the greenhouse effect and accelerates global warming and the threat of climate change.
Therefore, SIGA’s vision is to “strive for a world of zero energy loss buildings.
Do you have a long way home? You have the possibility to spend the night in Ruswil directly in the guesthouse of SIGA - please fill in the registration form!
Access Closed User Group Content