Investing in the Canton of Ticino
Located just south of the beautiful Swiss Alps, Canton Ticino is the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland.
Located just south of the beautiful Swiss Alps, Canton Ticino is the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland. Its strategic geographic position represents a bridge between northern and southern Europe and two of the strongest and most dynamic economic areas in Europe: Lombardy – with Milan at its heart – and Zurich.
Canton Ticino harmoniously unites the Swiss accuracy and reliability with the Italian flexibility, resulting in an excellent combination of creativity and sound economic development.
Thanks to the mild climate and the attractive landscapes, Ticino is one of the main touristic locations in Switzerland, but at the same time it showcases a wide array of business activities:
• Lugano is the third finance market in Switzerland
• solid industrial sector with export-oriented SMEs especially in the fields of life sciences, mechanics and electronics
• home of several headquarters of MNCs especially in the fashion industry
The economic success is based on:
• the advantages of the “Swiss system” (i.e. stability, security, flexibility, etc.)
• strategic geographical location between the metropolitan areas of Zurich and Milan
• top notch research institutes ready to collaborate with companies
Furthermore, the local authorities are equipped to advise and support business ventures at their various stages.