Investing in the Greater Geneva Bern area
The Greater Geneva Bern area (GGBa) is the investment promotion agency for Western Switzerland, bringing together the cantons of Bern, Fribourg, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Geneva and Valais.
The Greater Geneva Bern area (GGBa) is the investment promotion agency for Western Switzerland, bringing together the cantons of Bern, Fribourg, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Geneva and Valais. Its mission is to provide support to foreign companies allowing them to get established quickly and develop their activities in Western Switzerland. Since its creation in 2010, the GGBa, in cooperation with the cantonal economic promotion agencies, has guided about 400 companies from around the world in launching their activities in the region.
The Greater Geneva Bern area is ideal for establishing an international company. In addition to its central location, the region provides privileged access to the European market and its 500 million consumers.
The region’s most dynamic business sectors are:
1. Information and communication technologies (ICT)
2. Pharma and biotech
3. Medical technologies
4. Company headquarters and international service centers
5. Energy and the environment
6. Watchmaking, luxury goods, cosmetics and fragrances
7. Micro and nanotechnologies and precision engineering
8. Food and beverage and fast-moving consumer goods
9. Banking, finance and trading
10. International organizations