The jury wants to know and understand:
- why you chose the markets you did,
- how you prepared for market entry,
- which barriers you had to overcome, and
- how your company is positioned in individual countries or regions within the international context.
The jury will not only assess the implementation of classic export, but also the general expertise of Swiss companies with regard to integration in global value chains; for example by networking with international suppliers or opening a branch in the target market. The focus here is on the choice of foreign markets, which hurdles have been overcome on entry, and how the company has positioned itself in the individual countries or regions.
The independent jury assesses the submissions according to the following six criteria:
- Characterization of the expansion activity: Description of the export activity in the key markets
- Quantitative proof of success: Development of export sales and number of people working in export
- Positioning of the company in the relevant international markets: Competitive advantages and big challenges when tapping into new markets
- Quality and persuasiveness of the expansion strategy: Procedure for the selection of the target markets, as well as strategic cornerstones for export success
- Originality of the internationalization concept: Degree of innovation and originality of the tools used for export
- Longevity: Long-term orientation and potential of the expansion strategy
The award recognizes individual export projects that stand out for their impressive achievements.