E-commerce with the EU is booming. It provides Swiss SMEs with many opportunities and possibilities, but at the same time also produces many questions regarding customs clearance. As a domestic market and customs union, the EU has harmonized customs legislation, but VAT law is the responsibility of individual member states. What needs to be considered here and how? Our guide provides you with relevant information and further links. In it, you will find answers to all important questions concerning European customs legislation:
• When are import customs duties required for imports into the EU?
• What is the EORI number for and when do I need it?
• What import duties are due?
• Who pays the import duties?
• What is the IOSS (Import One Stop Shop) procedure and how can I benefit from it?
• Which imports into the EU are duty-free and which are duty-reduced?
• What are the advantages of VAT registration in the EU?
• Why does it make sense to have a commercial presence in the EU?