Known as “Boao Hope City”, the Boao Lecheng International Medical Tourism Pilot Zone at China’s Hainan Free Trade Port has preferential policies that enable international medtech and pharmaceutical companies to import foreign-approved drugs and medical devices that have not yet been approved in China. Healthcare products that are urgently needed for real-world clinical settings can thereby gain fast-track entry to the Chinese market.
Discover the advantages for Swiss companies and hear first-hand experiences
In this recording, representatives from the Hainan Free Trade Port and “Boao Hope City” explain the preferential policies and other key facts about the pilot zone. The various advantages are discussed, including how real-world clinical data collected in the zone can be used by foreign companies to apply for regulatory approval in China (NMPA).
Hear first-hand experience from two Swiss healthcare companies, Novartis Group (China) and Staar Surgical, that have already tapped into this lucrative market.
- Welcome and Introduction by Yves Morath, Head of Swiss Business Hub China
- Introduction to Hainan Free Trade Port, by HUANG Cui, Chief Representative of Hainan Provincial Bureau of International Economic Development (Hainan IEDB)
- Introduction to Boao Lecheng International Medical Tourism Pilot Zone by Peter A. Bootsma, Official Representative of Boao Hope City
- Experience Sharing Novartis Group (China) with CHEN Xiaojing, Senior Vice President at Novartis Group (China)
- Experience Sharing Staar Surgicial China with FU Qizhi, General Manager of Staar Surgical China
- Panel discussion
- Announcement of Fact Finding Mission