Investing in the Canton of Geneva
Geneva is a truly international business location hosting over 900 multinational companies (including 130 headquarters) and numerous international organizations.
Geneva is a truly international business location hosting over 900 multinational companies (including 130 headquarters) and numerous international organizations. Ideally located in the heart of Europe, Geneva offers a world-class business environment with excellent infrastructures and a highly qualified workforce.
Geneva is a leading place in many sectors:
- Banking and finance: Capital of private banking with 123 banks and 36,000 persons employed in the sector, Geneva ranks 13th in the Global Financial Centers Index (3rd place in Europe).
- Commodity trading: With more than 500 international trading, shipping and certification companies employing over 8,000 persons, Geneva is the world's leading place for commodity trading.
- Life sciences: Geneva benefits from a network of companies and research centers in the fields of biotech, medtech and pharma. It has the highest life sciences workforce in Europe relative to the active population.
- Information and communication technologies: Birthplace of the World Wide Web, Geneva is an important ICT center with over 1,000 companies active in this field.
- International organizations and NGOs: Geneva is the most active multilateral diplomatic center in the world, hosting a unique network of international organizations, NGOs and diplomatic missions.
Geneva is a member of the Greater Geneva Bern Area.