Switzerland Global Enterprise, in collaboration with the Embassy of Switzerland in Nepal, is jointly organizing a fact-finding mission to the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal. This mission aims to introduce Swiss and Liechtenstein companies, including those based in India or other parts of Asia, to the Nepali tech and tech enabled services market and its wealth of opportunities.
Switzerland’s highly developed tech and tech enabled services ecosystem, coupled with its conducive environment for innovation, has propelled it to the forefront as a leading global provider of tech-driven solutions. Meanwhile, Nepal is experiencing a surge in tech and tech-enabled services, buoyed by robust mobile connectivity, expanding internet access, improving financial inclusion, growing household incomes, and a young demographic.
As Nepal steers towards economic transformation, there is a pressing demand for Switzerland's cutting-edge technologies, expertise, and commitment to quality to underpin Nepal's growth trajectory. The current landscape in Nepal presents a timely opportunity for Swiss tech firms to engage in both government and private sector initiatives. Switzerland's reputation for innovation and technological expertise promises substantial contributions to Nepal's economy. With an increasing number of global players eyeing Asia as the next frontier for expansion, Nepal emerges as a prime gateway and offers a strategic advantage as an early-entry market for Swiss enterprises.
Objective of the Mission:
- Foster strategic business collaborations between Swiss and Nepali firms within the tech and tech-enabled services ecosystem.
- Promote greater engagement of Swiss private institutions in Nepal, facilitating market expansion opportunities for both Swiss and Nepali enterprises.
- Catalyze new local and international private investments in Nepal, driving economic growth and development.
- Meet and engage with key Nepali stakeholders, including high level government officials, industry leaders, and representatives of local businesses.
- Explore potential business opportunities across the tech and tech enabled ecosystem such as fintech, medtech, insurtech, etc.
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities of entering a frontier market.
- Discover the unique advantages of investing and doing business in Nepal, including its strategic location, skilled workforce, and policies.
- Gain an understanding of the cultural and business practices in Nepal through interactive sessions and networking events.
This business delegation presents an exceptional opportunity for Swiss and Liechtenstein companies to establish a strong presence in Nepal and tap into its growing economy. By participating in this mission, companies can leverage the support and expertise of Switzerland Global Enterprise and the Embassy of Switzerland in Nepal to forge fruitful partnerships and make a lasting impact in the Nepali market.
Note: The mission schedule, including specific activities and meetings, will be shared with participants closer to the date of the delegation.
|Swiss companies in the tech and tech enabled services market
|Swiss Business Hub India / Switzerland Global Enterprise / Schweizerische Botschaft in Nepal
Schweizerische Botschaft, Ekantakuna, Jawalakhel Kathmandu.
|Cost of participating
|S-GE Member Gold / CHF 800.- S-GE Member Silver / CHF 850.- S-GE Non-Member / CHF 900.-
S-GE Member Gold / CHF 800.-
S-GE Member Silver / CHF 850.-
S-GE Non-Member / CHF 900.-
(Prices are excluding Swiss VAT, where applicable)
(S-GE Membership applies to participants of Swiss- or Liechtenstein-based companies, not international subsidiaries)
Included in the S-GE participation fee are:
- Local transportation for visiting activities, events and visiting locations
- Airport pick-up and transfer back to the airport
- Single occupancy Premium-room hotel accommodation for four nights
- Check-in Sunday, 17th March; Check-out Thursday, 21st March
- Hotel and tourism taxes
- Breakfast, lunches, and dinners as per program
- Entry fees to cultural heritage sites, as part of the official program
Excluded in the S-GE participation fee are:
- Domestic and international flights
- Additional consumption, such as alcohol or hotel mini bar
- Extended stay and additional activities
Day 0, Sunday, March 17th, 2023
- Individual arrival of participants in Kathmandu.
- Informal mission brief by the Embassy of Switzerland.
Day 1, Monday, March 18th, 2023
- Welcome and Introduction at the Swiss Embassy
- Session on Nepal’s economy and its growth potential
- Deep-dive on the current fintech landscape in Nepal
- Challenges and opportunities in a frontier market
- Cultural Event showcasing Nepali heritage.
Day 2, Tuesday, March 19th, 2023
- Legal insights on fintech regulations and compliance in Nepal
- Discussion with fintech experts and industry leaders
- Showcase of innovative fintech solutions in Nepal
- Meet the industry leaders, disruptors and innovators
Day 3, Wednesday, March 20th, 2023
- High level business meeting with government ministers and key-decision makers
- Small parallel group sessions on sub-sector specific topics (e.g. cybersecurity, insuretech, banktech, etc.)
- Networking sessions for participants to connect and exchange ideas
- End of official program, transfer to hotel.
Day 4, Thursday, March 21st, 2023
- Check-out and departure for airport
- Alternatively, additional visits, not part of the official mission.
*The programme plan is a general outline and subject to change. A detailed itinerary will be shared closer to the event date.