Roadshow to Chile and Peru in October 2017
Initiative to jointly promote Swiss infrastructure innovation in Latin America
October 04 - 09, 2017
The Gotthard Base Tunnel «GBT» can be considered without any doubt as «Swiss Project of the Century». Due to its worldwide recognition and admiration, the Swiss engineering and technology companies involved in the project would like to use the reference case of the GBT as a tool for promoting their knowledge in other parts of the world.
With our roadshow to Chile and Peru in the beginning of October 2017, Switzerland Global Enterprise would like to benefit from the presence of AlpTransit to help promote the Swiss engineering capabilities, technologies and best practices with reference to the GBT.
Who is AlpTransit?
AlpTransit Gotthard Ltd is the constructor of the Gotthard axis of the New Rail Link through the Alps, with base tunnels through the Gotthard and Ceneri, and is thereby creating an environmentally friendly flat route through the Alps.
AlpTransit Gotthard Ltd was founded on May 12, 1998. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Swiss Federal Railways (SFR) with headquarters in Lucerne and branch offices in Altdorf, Sedrun and Bellinzona. AlpTransit Gotthard Ltd currently has approximately 140 employees.
Why should you attend the Roadshow?
- Jointly promote Swiss infrastructure engineering, technologies and best practices by presenting our flagship project, the Gotthard Base Tunnel and the project approach "Bioceanico through Peru, Bolivia and Brazil" proposed by a Swiss-German alliance of companies in the railway infrastructure industry.
- Benefit from the presence of AlpTransit's CEO Dieter Schwank. The presence of the constructor of GBT will create visibility and provide access to key political and economic decision-makers in Chile and Peru.
- Participating companies will have the possibility to invite partners, customers and other stakeholders to the event.
- Opportunity to present your company as well as your products and services to relevant stakeholders and decision-makers within the respective eco-system.
- Joint promotion of a second Infrastructure «Fact Finding Mission from Latin America to Switzerland in 2018» (-> information about first infrastructure mission to Switzerland).
- Switzerland Global Enterprise is co-sponsoring the two promotion events, thus enabling us to offer you a highly attractive Price
- Chile: Benefit from high-level networking at the EDIFICA fair, Latin America's most important tradeshow within the construction business, also meet relevant local contacts at private and public organisations related to infrastructure, engineering and construction (e.g. Cámara Chilena de Construcción; Technical Counterparts at Ministerio de Obras Públicas and EFE, the National Railway Company, as well as large European contractor firms active in the infrastructure sector).
- Peru: Because of the new presidency of Pedro Pablo Kuczynski, a new Government is in place. We will visit key persons of the newly staffed relevant Ministeries. Our experience from past commercial missions has shown that the chance to have an official meeting with a Minister or Vice-Minister is by far higher with a joint-delegation of Swiss engineering and construction competence led by the Swiss Ambassador than on an individual basis.
Are you interested?
If you are interested to join the mission (October 4 - 9, 2017) or if you have any question for further clarification, please find the respective contacts below. We are open and happy to answer any question or to solve any doubt as well by phone.
|Organizer||Switzerland Global Enterprise, Trade Point in Chile, Embassy of Switzerland in Chile and the Swiss Chilean Chamber of Commerce, Embassy of Switzerland in Peru, Swiss Peruvian chamber of commerce|
|Cost of participating||Price per person and destination (excl. VAT) - CHF 1500.00 non-members / CHF 1300.00 S-GE silver members / CHF 1000.00 S-GE gold members|
- Welcome dinner
- Briefing by the Swiss Ambassador
- Visit of EDIFICA 2017 (Feria Internacional de la Construccion), starting on Wednesday, October 04, 2017
- Keynote speech by AlpTransit's CEO Dieter Schwank, in the Congress Center in front of 1400 participants
- High-level networking
- Promotion event «Gotthard Base Tunnel – project of the century» at the residence of the Swiss Ambassador
- Greeting word by the Swiss Ambassador in Chile, Edgar Dörig
- Presentation by special guest Dieter Schwank, CEO AlpTransit
- Presentation of the Swiss delegation (and its contribution to the GBT)
- Presentation «Fact Finding Mission to Switzerland in 2018»
- Networking apéro riche
- Bilateral meetings with relevant local stakeholders at private and public organisations related to infrastructure, engineering and construction (e.g. Cámara Chilena de Construcción; Technical Counterparts at Ministerio de Obras Públicas and EFE, the National Railway Company, relevant academic institutions as well as large European contractor firms active in the infrastructure sector)
- Visit of major local infrastructure sites where other Swiss companies contributed or relevant because of new public tenders upcoming
- Welcome dinner
- Briefing by the Swiss Ambassador
- Visit of Ministry of Transportation and Communication
- Visit ProInversion
- Swiss Infrastructure Summit "Swiss Infrastructure Innovation in the 21st Centrury"
- Greeting word by the Swiss Ambassador in Peru, Hans-Ruedi Bortis
- Michele Molinari, CEO Molinari Rail: "Bioceanico - Latin American Infrastructure Project of the 21st Centrury: The pragmatic approach through Peru, Bolivia and Brazil"
- Dieter Schwank, CEO AlpTransit: "Gotthard Base Tunnel - Swiss Infrastructure Project of the 21st Centrury" - titel to be confirmed
- Presentation of the Swiss delegation (and its contribution to the GBT
- Ulrich Hinterberger, "Fact Finding Mission to Switzerland in 2018"
- Networking incl. apero riche
- Visit of Ministry of Energy and Mining
- Visit of Ministry of Housing, Construction and Sanitation
- Visit of Ministry of Environment
- Visit EXCON 2017 (XXII Exposicion Internacional del Sector de la Construccion), starting on
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Opportunity of individual B2B meetings (public entities, potential partners or clients) on request
Price per person and destination (excl. VAT)
CHF 1500.00 Non-members
CHF 1300.00 Switzerland Global Enterprise silver members
CHF 1000.00 Switzerland Global Enterprise gold members
Included in the price
- Organisation of program incl. promotion event
- All event expenses (co-sponsored by S-GE)
- Local transport, welcome dinner and meals during the day
- Participants may invite up to 10 persons to the promotion Event
- Organisation of the Hotel to prefered prices
- Chile: Entrance at EDIFICA
Not included in the price
- Flight from Switzerland to Chile/Peru
- Flight from Chile/Peru to Switzerland
- Hotel costs