Hong Kong as a gateway to China
Hong Kong has always been a trendsetter, especially to its neighbor – Mainland China. The strength of its own local industry has allowed it to become a major reference point when it comes to medical technology, health care and dental technology. Hong Kong also offers close proximity to manufacturing capabilities in Shenzhen and Guangdong-HK-Macau bay areas.
Following formats and/or collaborations are an excellent starting point for fact finding, market analysis, partner search, and marketing activities:
- Medtech Forum Asia Pacific 2018
- Optical Fair
- Start Me Up Festival
- China Med
- Medical Devices and Supply Fair
- Medtec China
Elderly Care in Medtech Focus
By 2043, 36% of Hong Kong’s population is expected to be 65 or above, 10% will be 85 and above. Since 1990, elderly healthcare spending has risen by 525%. The Hong Kong government is looking for creative solutions or strategies for elderly care and there is a demand for elderly-related services which will definitely keep increasing. Switzerland is well recognized locally for its high quality retirement centers – a great potential for market entry.
Opportunities in the sector
- Technologies that prevent elderly diseases.
- Technologies that treat or reduce disability/diseases caused by aging.
- Elderly care related products.
- Home care services and equipment.
- Retirement centers, hospitality, nursing rehabilitation services.
- Digital platform to support medical device and equipment
How you can benefit from these opportunities
If you would like to further evaluate the opportunities related to the Hong Kong medtech-market or find out more about doing business in Hong Kong, please get in touch with Daniel Bont, Senior Consultant for Hong Kong & China. Contact now!