Switzerland already has a tremendously strong economic footprint in the United States. It is the 6th largest foreign investor in the United States, making it by far the most important destination for Swiss FDI. In other words, the U.S. absorbs about one-fifth of total Swiss investment abroad, which is more than in Germany, France, Italy, and the United Kingdom combined! More than 500 Swiss companies with about 3,500 business locations doing business all over the United States create almost half a million jobs.
Swiss companies do business in all fifty states, with an exceptionally strong presence in terms of number of affiliates in California, New York, Illinois, Texas, and Florida. It is not surprising that they are active in a huge variety of business sectors ranging from precision instruments and machinery to the food industry, financial services, mining, and many more. Swiss companies rank among the top three foreign employers in several states, including New York, California, New Jersey, Maine, Wyoming, and Delaware. For more details on Switzerland’s economic footprint in the US.
Who should attend?
- Executives of Swiss companies in the USA
- Executives of US companies with a subsidiary in Switzerland
- Executives of US companies representing Swiss companies in the market
- Executives of Swiss companies planning to set up a subsidiary in the USA
- Swiss working as executives in the USA
- Opening words
- Welcome Address by Ambassador Jacques Pitteloud
- Economic Briefing by Ivo Germann
- Q&A - Infrastructure
- FDA by Ashish Talati, Amin Talati Wasserman
- Employment solutions and implications by Derek Begue, WeConnect
- Immigration by Terry Simmons
- Logistics and Supply Chain by Juergen Kaestle Schindler
- Q&A with everyone
Watch the recording of the webinar here: