To represent Switzerland as a world-leading innovation hotspot at Expo 2020, a swissnex mobile will be set within the Swiss Pavilion. Its purpose is not only to showcase the know-how of our universities, startups and innovation-driven companies, but also to bring them together with local partners from the UAE and the wider region to facilitate the creation of valuable relationships. The swissnex Mobile is part of the Swiss global network for education, research, and innovation, swissnex.
During the Circular Economy Month at the Swiss Pavilion, a focus on circularity in an urban and rural setting will be presented from 31 October to 6 November 2021, curated by the swissnex Mobile in collaboration with S-GE. Our aim for this expo-wide focus week is to present the latest Swiss cleantech innovation and research in this field to the world. More specifically, we would like to set up a delegation of innovative start-ups, starter and established Swiss companies connected to this industry, seeking internationalisation opportunities in the Middle East and beyond.
Our program will consist of:
- Pre-expo briefing session in Zürich prior to departure.
- Promotion of your technology/products thanks to the use of the exhibition space of the Pavilion. This also includes the shared use of the main stage.
- Presentations and workshops to be held at the event space of the Pavilion, including networking sessions.
- Opportunities to take part in joint panels with Swiss and local universities / government bodies (such at the EPFL, NYU Abu Dhabi and local municipalities) on topics related to circular cities, in cooperation with the Embassy of Switzerland in the UAE, the Consulate general of Switzerland in Dubai & the Swiss business hub Middle East (SBH – ME).
- Joint B2B and B2C events with other national pavilions (such as Singapore, Finland and India) and connections with other corporate events organised by Expo 2020.
- Means of communication of the Swiss pavilion and the swissnex Network (website, social media, Swiss Pavilion newsletter, onsite).