The Swiss medtech industry is known the world over for its innovative products and specialization in niche areas. In Chile, the market share held by Swiss companies is currently 3.3%. Leading the pack is the USA with a market share of more than 33%, followed by Germany with 14% and China with 10.5%.
Duty-free exports to Chile
For Swiss medtech companies, now is a good time to keep a close eye on the Chilean market and explore it more closely. The following points make the broader conditions and prospects optimal:
- Thanks to its political and economic stability, Chile is an attractive export country
- Thanks to the free trade agreement, medical devices from Switzerland can be exported to Chile duty-free
- 97% of the Chilean population has a health insurance policy
- The Chilean government has set its sights on modernizing the healthcare system
- By 2025, 30 new hospitals are to be built
Industry report to download
Since Chile is investing in the healthcare sector, the country is continually on the hunt for new trends and innovations. A detailed overview of the economic relations between Chile and Switzerland, the competitive advantages for Swiss companies, and current business opportunities can be found in the new industry report on the medtech market in Chile. The report is available for download at the bottom of the page.
Do you have any questions about the application of the free trade agreement with Chile? Our ExportHelp Team will be happy to provide you with more information.
Telephone: 0844 811 812